OPPORTUNITIES FOR MUSICIANS
The Willamette Valley Symphony provides opportunities for musicians in our community to share in the joy of making music together. Musicians interested in joining the orchestra should contact the Artistic Director, Sean Paul Mills, firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are openings available for your instrument, a short informal audition will be required.
Audition requirements vary by section but traditionally include: 1) three octave scale (strings) or two octave scale (winds & brass); 2) orchestral excerpts demonstrating tone, musicianship and technical skill; and 3) short solo of instrumentalist’s choice and 4) sight reading of a short passage with the section leader.
Anyone interested in joining us needs to meet the following three (3) criteria in addition to scheduling a brief (5-10 minute) audition:
- ability to play a 2 octave scale (woodwinds/brass) or 3 octave scale (strings),
- have studied your instrument privately and/or performed in a chamber orchestra or full symphony orchestra, and
- ability to perform a short solo composition with rhythmic accuracy, technical fluency, and musicality.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS
The Willamette Valley Symphony welcomes volunteers from the community. All volunteers receive tickets to performances in exchange for their generous donation of time. Current volunteer openings include:
– Assisting with the box office and/or ushering in the lobby
– Placing posters and distribution of materials in the community
– Hosting receptions
We welcome volunteers with a variety of special skills.
Please contact email@example.com if you have a skill or interest that you feel would benefit the organization.